Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cactus RV Park on old route 66

May 23 2012

Three states in one day, we’re rolling now. We left Foss Lake in Oklahoma and continued our journey west on I-40. We crossed the border into Texas and continued driving until we got to Amarillo. We had preplanned to get the rig washed at a truck wash there, which we did and after 2500 miles of driving, it needed a scrubbing. Squeaky clean, we got back on I-40 and drove to Tucumcari New Mexico. We are staying the night at the Cactus RV Park on Historic route 66. The part of the park we are in was the courtyard parking lot for an old motel. The old motel buildings are still here and add to the art deco ambiance of route 66.

We saw the terrain change into distinctly different environments at least 3 times today; we are now clearly in a dry climate. I’m not going to try to write a descriptive travel log of the area, I’m not that good a writer and in the late afternoons when I update our location, my brain power is fading fast. All I can say is everybody should drive across this great country of ours at least once in their lives. No matter where you’re from you’ll discover many interesting and different places.










No comments:

Post a Comment