Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ice maker repair

April 25 2012

The water line to the ice maker in the frig sprang a leak on our winter trip to Florida and I’m just now getting to the repair. Being retired in paradise doesn’t leave a lot of free time for things like “work”.

Actually I’ve procrastinated because the refrigerator is built into the cabinetry and has to be removed to access the repair. I have a tendency to “think” through most daunting tasks for a while before getting the nerve to tackle them. But fortified by advice my friend Mike Sobieski gave me years ago “It’s all just nuts and bolts, go for it”, I’ve initiated the repair. It wasn’t too difficult getting the unit out, and I should have it back together this afternoon.

The Halon fire suppression system I installed thru the roof vent 2 years ago, even with the frig out now I see no better place for it. Note: RV frig’s use ammonia as the cooling agent, in a fire it breaks down into flammable components, hence the need for the suppression system.

I have one more repair to do before leaving for our cross country adventure. The skylight in the bathroom shower has been cracked and held together with duck tape for about a year, now that’s procrastination.


No comments:

Post a Comment