Sunday, November 16, 2014

Grainger, Indiana

July 25 2012

The goal for today was to get through Chicago unscathed. I had a route planned that would have taken us thru the western side of the city where I assumed there would be less congestion. At the last minute I made a snap decision when the GPS directed me to a different route. That route of course went straight thru the middle of Chicago. It wasn’t too bad, traffic did get very heavy as we neared center city, but it never stopped. For a time the lanes became very narrow and I had to squeeze the cars too my left so we didn’t play mirror tag with the trucks to my right.

After Chicago I drove east for a ways to get out of the urban environment, we are night camped in a very nice KOA campground in Granger Indiana. (KOA is a franchise, Kampgrounds of America) To our delight there is a vintage RV rally this weekend and several of the restored campers were already here. They are some of the friendliest folks we’ve met on this trip; several invited us in to look at the interiors of their campers. This weekend they will have over 70 old RV’s in the campground for the rally.

Tomorrow we push on to Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.









No comments:

Post a Comment