Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Prepping the motorhome

March 31 2012

The motorhome is still in storage but the owner of the storage lot is pretty laid back and doesn't mind me working in the lot. I finished installing a new radio today. The old one died a few months ago and I'm just now getting it replaced. I nixed the idea of a satellite ready radio, I'm not interested in that. I only need the basic radio, a CD player and the ability to input from an MP3 player. I was also shopping for a unit that fit neatly in the motorhome dash with minimal retrofitting,

I found everything I needed at AutoZone in a nice Kenwood brand stereo for less than $100. It even has a remote which I tested today and was happy to find it works from the passenger seat. I like the idea of the co-pilot taking care of the radio while I'm driving.

The next project is a dog sleeping/hiding spot under the bed in the bedroom. It will be large enough for both dogs and have multiple entry doorways. Small dogs like to have places to lay where they are safe from being stepped on.


No comments:

Post a Comment