Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tonopah, Arizona

June 7 2012

Repairs went smoothly today. We had the motorhome at Arizona Mobile Air by 7:30am, we met Jack the mechanic who would do the repair and left feeling we had the right man on the job, he has worked at Mobile Air for 22 years.

We had a list of errands, and we did them while the motorhome was being repaired. I mentioned that I had broken the tow bar hitting a bump at a cattle guard several days ago and it occurred to me that you may be wondering how I drove for two days without noticing it. The tow bars was functioning as it should while towing, one of the release levers broke. The release levers are used when connecting or disconnecting the towbar. We sometimes go several days without needing to drive the jeep so we leave it connected to the motorhome. I hope this makes sense, writing to the blog is one of the last things I do at the end of the day and my brain is usually headed to dreamland.

The motorhome dash air conditioner had a leak at one of the fittings on the suction hose, Jack fabricated a new one and it’s once again blowing cold air. We found an RV dealer who had the type towbar I need and purchased that. By early afternoon we had the motorhome repaired, the towbar installed and decided to get West of the city so we don’t have to deal with traffic in the morning, We are overnighting in a nearly empty snowbird park about 50 miles west of Phoenix. Tomorrow we head for California!





No comments:

Post a Comment