Sunday, November 16, 2014

Harley Davidson Plant tour

August 1 2012

We are still in Hershey PA at the Thousand Trails Campground. Today we drove down to York and toured the Harley Davidson motorcycle plant. It was very reminiscent of the Chrysler factory I worked in for 36 years. They used a lot of the same processes that are used in the automotive industry. The big difference is the Harley plant is 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space and our plant was 2 million square feet.

I also purchased the part for the jeep; I installed the relay today and will run the jeep with the old fan and see how it goes. The fan shroud has four attachment bolts, one of which is very difficult to get to, I don't want to change it if I don't have to.

Tomorrow will be notable for two reasons, we will pass the 10,000 mile mark on this trip and we will close the loop we started when we passed thru Maryland back in May.



No comments:

Post a Comment