Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Docking station for MP3 player

April 15 2012

The old radio had a remote console on the passenger’s side of the dash which left three holes when it was removed. I decided to make a docking station for MP3 players that will be providing music to the auxiliary function of the radio.

I had a gadget that had a 5 volt USB port and three 12 volt auto receptacles (cigarette lighter sockets). I converted one of the 12 volt spots into a 1/8th inch stereo jack and connected it to the AUX input of the radio. I manufactured a bracket to hold the gismo in place covering the 3 hole from the old installation. I now have 5 volt power to recharge MP3 players, a jack connection to the radio and 2 12 volt ports on the passenger side. I also added some Velcro to the top for anchoring the radio remote control.

No comments:

Post a Comment